RICHMOND. Va., June 2, 2016—Maurice Jones, Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade, and experts from the public and private sectors will convene for a half-day summit Monday, June 6, to highlight the role nuclear energy plays in the Commonwealth of Virginia and its future potential. The summit, sponsored by the Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium and the Nuclear Energy Institute, will bring together government officials and industry leaders from the fields of research, education, power generation, defense and security to highlight the role and value of nuclear energy in the commonwealth.
The summit will be held at the Jefferson Hotel and include include four panel discussions focused on Virginia nuclear issues and a view of the national nuclear industry from the Nuclear Energy Institute in Washington.
When: Monday, June 6
8 a.m. – 1 p.m. ET
Where: The Jefferson Hotel
101 W. Franklin Street
Richmond, VA 23220
Business, government and industry leaders who will address the summit include:
- The Honorable Maurice Jones, Virginia Secretary of Trade and Commerce
- Sean R. Agnew, Director of Engineering Science Major and Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, University of Virginia
- Bob Bailey, Executive Director, Center for Advanced Engineering and Research
- Kim Bankston, GM Human Resources, GE
- Sama Bilbao y Leon, Associate Professor, Director of Nuclear Engineering Programs, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Matt Kellam, Supervisor of Staffing, Dominion Resources
- Alireza Haghighat, Chairman, Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium, and Professor & Director, Nuclear Engineering Program, Mechanical Engineering Department, Virginia Tech
- Donald R. Hoffman, Chair, Virginia Nuclear Energy Consortium Authority
- Jim Hunter, Director of Utilities, International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- Maria Korsnick, Chief Operating Officer, Nuclear Energy Institute
- Nat Marshall, Vice-Chair, Virginia Board of Workforce Development & Senior Human Resources Specialist, BWXT
- Joseph Miller, Technologies Manager, BWXT
- William L. “Bill” Murray, Managing Director, Corporate Public Policy, Dominion
- Marty Parece, Vice President of Products and Technology, AREVA Inc.
- William M. Sandidge, Director of Strategic Initiatives, Central Virginia Community College
- Bill Smith, Director of Contracting, Newport News
- Rolf Ziesing, Vice President of Business Development, BWX Technologies
Advance notice of attendance by credentialed journalists is appreciated. Please notify April Wade at [email protected] if you plan to attend.
– ### –